In this episode, I share my Dos and Don’ts when it comes to sourcing (one of the most fun but often frustrating parts of being a designer)!
Through the episode, I share what I’ve learned about sourcing through the years. Over my design career, I’ve gone sourcing countless times and I’ve had both good, bad, and ugly experiences doing it. As you know I believe that sharing my experiences along with my tips will help you become more efficient and avoid some mistakes I’ve made in the past.
Here’s my list of Dos and Don’ts when it comes to sourcing:
- Establish a list of GO-To vendors.
- Determine what profit margin you want and select your vendors to align with this.
- Pros and Cons when it comes to custom vs store-bought.
- How to source effectively. I like to do it by the project.
- Go in person first before online to get inspired and see finishes. Then source online.
- Start with vendors where you get the best pricing.
Listen to the full episode to find out more about each of my tips and stories of my experiences throughout my career.